For sure, photography has experienced digital transformation
Photography has come a long way. I recall that, as I grew up, the only photos available were black and white. However, the photo world has undergone digital transformation and digital cameras, smartphones, laptops, and PC are in plenty for instant color photos. I used to walk a long distance to get a photo studio. If you were lucky or came from a well up neighborhoods, you could enjoy the luxury of a freelance photographer. They used to visit homesteads, shoot the photo and take them for processing and developing. This could take several days to get the photo.
However, nowadays you can use the best photo color editor on your PC or Mac to get colored photos instantly. Continue reading the article for more on how photography has evolved. Someone may be asking, what is the importance of photography? Consider the following:
- Photography is a representation of feelings, moments and state through pictures or images. As you go through your past photos, you will agree with me that they represent your state/thoughts emotionally at that particular moment.
- Pictures/photos could be used to champion a change, action or debate.
From black/white to color
With digital photography in place, black/white photos are at their minimal. This is because of the emergence of advanced applications. These applications have simplified the processing/developing of photos. However, despite the digital mileage, black/white photography was and still is a preference for some of us.
The black/white photos or pictures are more memorable and identifiable. From analog to digital cameras, black/white pictures carry important memoirs of the photography history.
How are black and white different?
- No background distractions when taking black/white images or pictures as is with color pictures.
- The areas without images play a crucial role in giving the photo a clear pop up from its background.
- The b/w amplifies deep emotional connections.
- Light matters the most while shooting the photo.
- The black/white photos offer undisputable image quality throughout.
There come, color photos
When color photos came into the limelight, they were rare and expensive. They have their roots in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The first color photos were from negatives, which were produced using Kodak chrome. Among the first films were Kodak and Agfa.
The digital photography
As if that was not enough, technological advancement, opened doors for digital photography. Digitally produced photos are cheaper and instant. However, even the emergence of digital cameras did not eliminate the color inferiority. This necessitated the use of photo color editor to balance the colors.
Software’s have been developed to take care of color variance in digital photography. Here are some of those apps, Luminar, Aurora HDR, Lightroom and Aperture among others.
For sure, digital photography has taken the world by storm. No more, hustle because you can now take clear quality pictures anywhere and anytime using your Smartphone. Moreover, you can share, send your color pictures to your friends or use them as wall pictures. Expect to see more as the photo world takes shape in years to come.