Check These Things Before You Buy An Inverter AC!
Inverter AC, for the uninitiated, uses inverter technology. Unlike a normal or regular air conditioner, Inverter ACs have a compressor motor that runs on a variable speed. Instead of shutting down after cooling, it continues to run, ensuring effective cooling. Did you know that you can actually save more than 30% of your energy bills by switching to an Inverter AC? However, if you are buying one, it is always better to be careful, because there are plenty of choices out there.
- Consider your budget. Let’s start by saying this type of air conditioners are not exactly cheap – the price difference is still justifiable for the efficiency upgrade. If you look up for Inverter AC online, you might just get a discount, but in India, you can expect to pay anywhere over 40k for one of the better brands.
- Consider the star rating. With any kind of electrical appliance, you have to be careful about the star rating. Since air conditioners are used considerably in the summers, the energy bills can shoot up considerably. Yes, you have heard right – Inverter ACs consume almost 30% less power, but the star-rating still matters. If you cannot afford five-star rating, at least go for a three-star model.
- Consider the capacity. In case of air conditioners, you have to be particularly careful with the capacity. If you live in a region where temperatures shoot up over 40 degrees in the summers, it is better to opt for a better one. In general, a 2-ton AC is essential for a room with size of 400 square foot, assuming five people are in the room. For hotter areas, you may need a second AC.
- Consider the brand. For obvious reasons, the brand does matter. At the end of the AC, you cannot repair your Inverter AC on your own, and it is best to choose a company that has local presence and customer centers. Usually, online stores do offer installation for most of the leading products, but double check that, and if possible, contact the brand directly.
- Consider the warranty. Some of the Inverter ACs come with five years of warranty, and that’s something you must bear in mind. If you have the choice of extending the same for extra cash, always use the option. AC repairs can be more expensive than you can image, especially Inverter ACs, which are latest in terms of technology.
As hinted earlier, Inverter ACs are best purchased online. Right from LG Inverter AC to brands like Samsung and Voltas, you can find all kinds of choices, depending on your budget. Pay a tad more, if you can afford one with a better star-rating.